Video intercoms used to be something one might see on the old cartoon, “The Jetsons.” But today, that technology is available for North Carolina homes. Our Secur-Tek team can now install Control4 video intercom systems.
Control4 offers many home automation features, but video intercom systems are the latest way to make life easier. Here are five reasons to call Secur-Tek for an installation:
- Convenient communication. In other words, save your voice. No more yelling upstairs to tell the kids that dinner is ready, or yelling downstairs to find your spouse. Video intercoms give you the power to see and hear what’s going on in any room of the house. This is especially useful as our houses grow larger, saving you laps around the house to gather everyone.
- Cool look. Old intercoms have nothing on today’s systems. Bring the sleek look of your smartphone and tablet to your home intercom system. Control4 offers either a black or white touchscreen in two sizes: 5 inches or 7 inches.
- Security and safety. The video intercom system can also be used to monitor what’s going on outside your front door, giving you an extra security feature. Speak to visitors from the safety of your home, so that you never open the door to someone untrustworthy. Use the video intercom to take a look at the backyard and check on the children at play.
- Privacy settings/Do not disturb settings. Avoid waking someone from their afternoon nap and give your guest some privacy. The Control4 system lets you turn off monitoring in any room, whether it’s audio, video or both.
- Talk or listen. Intercoms used to be a two-way street only if you pushed the right button. Now, intercoms can be used to simply listen to a room, to check on a baby, for example. The Control4 system can also be used to make a general announcement to all systems in the house. Plus, the person answering does not have to get up from the couch to press a button and answer.