In today’s technology-driven world, many of us have a multitude of electronic and video devices in our homes, from televisions, DVD players and cable boxes to computers, modems and printers. And while these products have added to our home experiences, there was a definite period of frustration we had to endure before getting to the point of enjoyment—you know that time when you had to connect all the pieces of the puzzle together, getting the right wires to the right places, all the while trying to minimize that bundled mess of cable, which is now tucked behind the console.
There’s a solution to the wire and cable chaos—and that’s “structured wiring”, a generic term used to describe a network that efficiently and effectively distributes data signals throughout your home, including all the audio, data, phone, stereo and video signals, as well as temperature controls, home security controls and lighting.
Structured wiring not only gives you a centralized location (a structured networking panel) from which all devices are controlled, but gives homeowners:
- More consistent signal quality: splicing wires/cables decreases signal strength. Structured wiring allows each device its own connection.
- Simplicity in control and troubleshooting, as everything is centrally located and uniquely connected, eradicating wiring guesswork.
- Signal speed: Wired signals come through faster than wireless signals. For those who need faster Internet, an Ethernet connection would be preferable.
- The opportunity to more easily integrate and add components as needed.
- An increase in home value: structured wiring improves your home entertainment and work experience while adding value to your home.
So why wouldn’t you consider structured wiring for your home? Whether it’s a new construction or an existing home, structured wiring can add simplicity and ease to your lifestyle and value to your home.
For more information on structured wiring, contact Secur-Tek today at 919-387-1800.